Monday, August 25, 2008

Butter!

As many of you know I am not a morning person. When I say "not a morning person," I do not mean that I am unpleasant for a few minutes after I get out of bed. I am unpleasant until I have had lunch. With this in mind...

This Sunday I was in my normal fog and trying to be as social as possible, which is always a challenge for myself. During Sunday school I was able to drop in on a few classes. I was very refreshing and encouraging to listen in on the classes I got to see. Our rising 7th Grade students, a.k.a. the Disciples of Kathy, are more than ready for the challenges that are about to face them. Our 8th graders all left class with a smile and even Nick Terry seemed to be filled with joy going of of 3 hours of sleep. Our 9th grade class was incredible social and talkative even with "Cory the Hottie" in the room. Our senior class was so deep in conversation that they didn't dismiss until around 12:25 pm. Johnny Davis has jumped back in to help out in the 10th grade class, and our Juniors are continuing their quest for world domination in the name of Jesus.

As I love to see Sunday School has emerged again as the biggest part of the week for our student ministry. Loving adults investing in the lives students...(to quote Steven Battle's new word for awesome things)...That's Butter!

2 comments:

Matt Rollins said...

Actually, it's "Judas Priest....That's butter!" Glad that Cory the hottie was in the classroom, we may have to ask him to leave when we want the kids to concentrate.

Unknown said...

"continuing their quest for world domination in the name of Jesus."

I think that's going to be come my life statement... just maybe.

I love sunday school,I pretty much don't know what I'd do without my class...